4th MAD about US underwater photography competition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chicoboy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'd like to invite everyone who is interested in underwater photography to participate in
the 4th MAD about US (Marine ecological Awareness through Digital Underwater Shootout).
The competition will be held in Mabini, Batangas (Anilao and Tingloy Island) on March 20-
23 and awarding will be on April 2 at the Ayala Museum.

This year's categories are as follows:
Macro
Wide
Black and White

With prizes for first, second and third place.

There will be 3 classes where participants may join:
Special Beginner: Point and shoot camera without any external source of lighting (in-
camera flash only

Intermediate: Point and shoot camera with external source of lighting (Strobes and torches
considered to be external light sources.)

Open Class: No restrictions on equipment used.

Special Notes:
1. Photographers with works that have been printed in any publication are automatically
placed in the Open Class.
2. Photographers with experience of 2 years or more are automatically placed in the
Intermediate class.

To participate, the MakDiver diveshop will be open for registration on the dates of the
competition. Participants are requested to register at the said diveshop before proceeding
to their respected dive operators. MakDiver is located along the National Road in Anilao
East, Mabini, Batangas. It is on the way to Anilao Proper.

Registration will be open on the competition dates at MakDiver. from 7 in the morning
until 5 in the afternoon on March 20, 6 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon on March
21 and 22, and from 7 in the morning until 12 noon on March 23.

Pictures are to be submitted again at MakDiver no later than 7PM of March 23, in JPEG
format. Processing will be allowed with the following restrictions:
1. Cropping - no more than 20% of the original image size
2. Processing - Only global effects will be allowed (brightness, contrast, sharpness)
3. Any form of spot editing will NOT be allowed.
4. Addition of watermarks on submitted images will not be allowed
Images are to submitted in JPEG format. No other format will be accepted (RAW, PSD, TIFF
etc). Participants are highly encouraged to submit images at the highest possible
resolution.

Participants are allowed to submit a total of three (3) pictures, one for each category.
Should participants wish to put in more entries, images in excess of 3 may be submitted
for a fee of P500.00.

Image printing will be taken care of by MAD about US and will be on display on the
awarding night at the Ayala Museum on April 2, 2009, at 7PM.

Judges for this year include:
Marissa Floyrendo
Kai Huang
Scott Gutsy Tuason

Prizes this year include:
Doxa watch worth P150,000
Halcyon BC's
Henderson Wetsuits
Overnight Accomodations in various resorts in Anilao, Cebu, Bohol, Davao and other
destinations in the Philippines.
And much more!

MAD about US would like to thank the following for participation in this year's
competition:
Globe Telecom
STI Colleges
Dive Solana
Acacia Resort
Halcyon
Henderson
Doxa

magkano color space?

Jag

PS
i think i can force the issue if we do this dive on the 14th... 15th i think i'm traveling to laoag for a project...
i'm also doing nestea on the 5-7th so 8th is the best i can do...
or we can do a weekday!!! :eyebrow:
i'm free MWF!

ninja: tanga... not reading the dates...

i can't on the 20th (trip back from laoag)
21st imee might want quality time as i'd been gone all week
22nd i have the condura race for tubbataha
23rd i'm open!!!

i've tried diving anilao on a weekday - it's AMAZING! no divers anywhere (except for the odd foreigner) and the creatures are undisturbed and relaxed... it was a tuesday when i had my dive of the 8 midnight snappers, 4 sharks and 1 king trevally

so don't knock the power of going on monday :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom