http://www.diveheart.org/

Australian Bushfire Appeal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great idea to post here liv... I am sure the Red Cross in other countries should be ablt to accept and forward donations to the Victorian Red Cross. Her in Oz there are so many places to we contribute but harder for our friends from out of country.

These guys sure need all the help they can get, fortunately Aussies are good mates and mates help mates, however a little more help never goes astray

Thanks Petunia and Fish for your words of support. We're really doing it tough down here at the moment.

the size of the tragedy is immeasurable.... all those lives lost, hundreds of homes and they are saying tens of thousands of critters

personally i would be happy if Rudd forgets the proposed handout for all aussies and use it to help these people out

cheers

Happily my company is doing a 2:1 contribution - my friends and I have raised over $1000 so far, which means $3000+ for the relief effort

And, at least for our fellow Aussies and probably others, it's tax deductable to boot, not to mention the warm glow & good karma you'll get from helping people - so get in there!

Hopefully Californians in particular are contributing in memory of the firefighting assistance we provided a few years back when they went through similarly tough times

the size of the tragedy is immeasurable.... all those lives lost, hundreds of homes and they are saying tens of thousands of critters

personally i would be happy if Rudd forgets the proposed handout for all aussies and use it to help these people out

cheers

Boy do I agree with that! It hasn't been passed so man I do wish they would withdraw it and use the money for the Victorians hit by this.

Happily my company is doing a 2:1 contribution - my friends and I have raised over $1000 so far, which means $3000+ for the relief effort

And, at least for our fellow Aussies and probably others, it's tax deductable to boot, not to mention the warm glow & good karma you'll get from helping people - so get in there!

Hopefully Californians in particular are contributing in memory of the firefighting assistance we provided a few years back when they went through similarly tough times

Good point.. we can only hope that the good things Aussies have done for others in crisis will be remembered... so many in need now

It hasn't been passed so man I do wish they would withdraw it and use the money for the Victorians hit by this

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but it would be nice to think that people would receive the govt. handout and re-direct it accordingly - if they can afford it - without the need for the govt. to force that on their behalf

I'm sure there are other people who need the grant as much as the fire victims, so that way they can hold on to it if they need to. Most of them have paid taxes too

Besides it's a federal intiative, not a state one - there are flood victims in Queensland as well, let's try not to get too parochial about it, or forget others in need

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but it would be nice to think that people would receive the govt. handout and re-direct it accordingly - if they can afford it - without the need for the govt. to force that on their behalf

I'm sure there are other people who need the grant as much as the fire victims, so that way they can hold on to it if they need to. Most of them have paid taxes too

Besides it's a federal intiative, not a state one - there are flood victims in Queensland as well, let's try not to get too parochial about it, or forget others in need

Thanks for that... very good point. I have been watching the news and thinking of all the tragedies but also thinking of those who don't make the news or are a "footnote" because of the magnitude of other things going on. Their pain and problems are just as intense but unnoticed by others and too often unaided.

The world is full of tragedies we can help so few .....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom