SPD lite head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lone Wolf

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased an spd lite head assembly with cord, no battery pack, bulb,bulbsocket, or reflector. I purchased the needed parts from my LDS, and have it back together. My problem is I am unable to figure out how to disassemble the lite head to replace o-rings if necasary. I know that I could have it done, but it has been my experience that things break at the worst possible moment in the worst possible location. I need to be able to repair my equipment in the field. If you please explain how I may take this lite head apart I would appreciate it.

I notice that several posts made after mine have been answered. But I have recieved no responce!! I like your products, I have a dive light, so does my wife. The store I work out of just became a dealer. However, I am very big on customer service, if I spend money with a company, I like for them to address my questions, and problems!! Please contact me concerning this issue.

I'm currently out of the country, but the folks back at the office are working on a written description of the o-ring replacement. In the meantime, here's a link showing the assembly of the SpD lite head:

SPd Lite Head

Someone should be posting a description of how to change the o-rings very soon. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Once you take the shroud off, unscrew the bulb tube retainer and remove the glass tube. This will enable you to replace the bulb and o-ring #0134.14. (This o-ring is clearly visible in the product drawing referenced in my previous post.)

The product instruction manual available through our website also has detailed instructions on how to disassemble to this point as well as how to replace the light bulb.
http://www.ikelite.com/downloads/instructions/SpD_Lite_pdf/SpD_Light.pdf

We do not recommend disassembling any further as it is "very difficult" to re-assemble correctly.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom