Independent Dive Operators in Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tigerdiver

Reaction score
I'm headed to Roatan in 2 weeks and wondering if anyone has experiences or suggestions for an independent dive operator since we are not staying at CoCo or AKR. I see a couple of places on the web but you can't get a real indication of what they're like. Please provide any insight you may have. Thanks.

Let me know where you are going to stay in Roatan. I can then give you names of some independent operators.

Diving out of the West End area there are tons safe operators going out all day. The reef is so close the trips are very short. Many of the West End shops take pangas out and do back roll entry.

I am headed to Roatan at the end of July and will be staying at Fosters in West Bay. I am looking for similar recommendations on dive operators that those here have used. I have heard Bananarama does a decent job. Any other suggestions or experiences someone can share?

Thanks for your help.

I returned from Roatan a few weeks ago and did 21 dives with Native Sons in West End. They were very friendly with good divemasters. Their boat is one of the best - comfortable and very fast. Dives were $15 for 10 or more.

Mike

Vertigo:
Let me know where you are going to stay in Roatan. I can then give you names of some independent operators.

Diving out of the West End area there are tons safe operators going out all day. The reef is so close the trips are very short. Many of the West End shops take pangas out and do back roll entry.

Hi,

I'm going to Roatan West End Jan 15-23 2005, any advice on places to stay and dive ops? Particularly if the Northers roll in (still rainy season I think) and we have to go to the South Shore...

Mucho thanks,
Nemertes from Montreal, Canada

We were on Roatan in late August/early September and dove with Native Sons in West End and SubWay in French Harbour. (We had a car and wanted to dive sites on both sides of the island). I highly recommend both operators!

miketunturi:
I returned from Roatan a few weeks ago and did 21 dives with Native Sons in West End. They were very friendly with good divemasters. Their boat is one of the best - comfortable and very fast. Dives were $15 for 10 or more.

Mike

Any advice on accommdations? We would like something quiet and comfortable and private, on the beach or ocean view much preferably, and away from the noise. I'm considering Lost Paradise Inn, Seagrape, Mermaid Beach Cabins and Half Moon Bay Cabins.

thanks for the advice and happy holidays!

Nemertes from Montreal

Nemertes:
I'm going to Roatan West End Jan 15-23 2005, any advice on places to stay and dive ops? Particularly if the Northers roll in (still rainy season I think) and we have to go to the South Shore...

It's good to plan ahead for just such reasons!

My favorite of any day dive-op on Roatan is Subway Watersports at the French Harbour Yacht Club... far and away. http://www.subwaywatersports.com/Watersports/marina.htm

I also enjoy the character of diving on the South side much better, besides rarely getting blown out.

Enjoy Roatan, look for the small stuff, go slow- see more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom