212/EOS internals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Nick,

I bought an EOS second stage, and want to get rid of the swivel but Oceanic doesn't have any options for that. I see the 212 is available with or without the swivel. Are the 2 regs close enough internally, that I could use 212 parts to convert it to a standard hose?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Nick,

I bought an EOS second stage, and want to get rid of the swivel but Oceanic doesn't have any options for that. I see the 212 is available with or without the swivel. Are the 2 regs close enough internally, that I could use 212 parts to convert it to a standard hose?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,

The 212 is only available without swivel. Parts alone are not yet available, but once they are a conversion like that could be possible. This of course would need to be performed by an authorized Oceanic or Hollis dealer.

Thanks,

Nick, have the parts become available yet? I'm anxious to get this reg setup with a standard hose.

Jim

What's the problem here.:confused:
Any standard hose and coupling will fit the EOS.
It's gonna cost some $$ but you can get rid of the swiffel if you want.

Jim,

Is there a particular reason to get rid of the swivel? I also have the EOS and love the swivel. Just curious if you have found issues with it?

Cheers

No issue for quality, I just prefer to use a 7 foot hose, and I like to have my regs standardized so they are interchangeable.

What's the problem here.:confused:
Any standard hose and coupling will fit the EOS.
It's gonna cost some $$ but you can get rid of the swiffel if you want.

Not according to Oceanic. There is no option for removing the swivel right now.

No issue for quality, I just prefer to use a 7 foot hose, and I like to have my regs standardized so they are interchangeable.

Jim,

Not trying to sway you from Oceanic regs of course :D, but if you favor the EOS and prefer to use a 7ft hose, my suggestion would be to go with the Hollis 212. Mechanically the same reg without swivel.

Otherwise check with Doug on the Oceanic forum regarding ETA on a conversion kit.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom