Question for Sherwood Rep - Twin Cylinder Option

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joefri

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
In the back of the Sherwood BCD User Manual there is a section with the heading "Twin Cylinder Option". It states that certian BCD's can accept a twin backplate and mounting kit.

My question is; Which Sherwood BCD's can accept this upgrade option?

Many maufacturers say that there are options for mounting doubles to their recreational jacket BC's . Fact is that I've yet to see one that actually works well. Ones like Dive Rite and Zeagle require you to use a plate that in inserted or bolted on. If you are certain you will be diving doubles buy a BPW set up and save yourself alot of grief.

Sherwood used to offer a twin cylinder option which was as Jim Lap says a steel backplate with bands.

Its discontinued, there is no official Sherwood twin band arrangement to fit any of their BCs for doubles.

As to which BC? The Sherwood Outback or the Genesis Recon are both wing types with sufficient lift for RECREATIONAL twin use - HOWEVER you would need to make heavy modifications to fit a steel backplate etc - personally I wouldnt waste my time - get a BPW that is set up for twins.

Sherwood used to offer a twin cylinder option which was as Jim Lap says a steel backplate with bands.

Its discontinued, there is no official Sherwood twin band arrangement to fit any of their BCs for doubles.

As to which BC? The Sherwood Outback or the Genesis Recon are both wing types with sufficient lift for RECREATIONAL twin use - HOWEVER you would need to make heavy modifications to fit a steel backplate etc - personally I wouldnt waste my time - get a BPW that is set up for twins.

Actually both the Recon and Outback had/have an option to use a backplate that was/is offered without much "modification". It was an OE solution....you might still be able to find it.

See pics here: http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1090

I have been traveling sorry for the delay in a response. Currently none of the Sherwood models are equipped or can be modified with Sherwood parts to go to a twin system. In the Sherwood line, the Outback was able to be changed over. That product was discountinued in 2002.

Sherwood Scuba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom