Need for Bigger DS125/160 Battery packs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AussieByron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The weakest point at the moment with my Ikelite setup is the battery packs. I run two DS125's on TTL and basically my dive is over when the Battery packs die.

I did 380 shots in 55 minutes yesterday and could of kept on going for maybe another 30 minutes if I had bigger battery capacity in my strobes.

Considering that Inon 240's only have 4 AA batteries with about the same power. Is there going to be a improved battery pack for DS125/160 on the drawing line???

Regards Mark

Testing procedures can vary, so there may or may not be some discrepancies between statistics quoted by various manufacturers. It seems everyone has a slightly different method of testing guide numbers, # of full power flashes per charge and recycle time.

We currently use the highest quality NiMH batteries available in the size needed for the DS125/160. Until there's a significant improvement in battery technology we could only improve number of flashes by offering some sort of larger battery pack for the strobe.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Testing procedures can vary, so there may or may not be some discrepancies between statistics quoted by various manufacturers. It seems everyone has a slightly different method of testing guide numbers, # of full power flashes per charge and recycle time.

We currently use the highest quality NiMH batteries available in the size needed for the DS125/160. Until there's a significant improvement in battery technology we could only improve number of flashes by offering some sort of larger battery pack for the strobe.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Hi Jean.

I would be interested in a Larger battery pack for the DS125/160 as its the weakest link in my setup. An increase in battery capacity of 50% would do the job.

Call it a pro battery pack and charge an extra $50. i put an order in for 4 straight away :D

Regards Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom