Double Hose in New Orleans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwall

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone in New Orleans have a double-hose rig they can demonstrate/let me dive with in a pool? Say Harry's on Airline?

I'd pay your pool fee and air for a basic lesson/experience on a vintage double-hose.

Sadly, I was certified after they went out of vogue (And pink eq was all the rage).

Paul

Paul, you might want to try asking on the Vintage Double hose board, there may be a member near you. If you get up my way, I am always happy to let others dive one of mine. You may also try posting in the vintage section of SB.
Vintage Double Hose

Paul I have a few of them, Been thinking of diving one myself.

Before you do, have them serviced and upgraded with new parts. The old rubber parts did not hold up well and are likely stiff and even if they are not bad stiff, new silicone diaphrams and duckbills make the old regs breath a lot better.

Also understand that double hose regs dive differently than single hose regs. They need to be worn properly and do not play well with many modern BCs, esp jacket style BCs. Purging and clearing are done differently and they will often free flow in certain positions. Most do not have connections for LP devices like LP inflators so you need to be comfortable with no BC diving. None of which is difficult but having a mentor who understands diving with double hose regs will make your experience a lot better. For what its worth, I prefer my double hose regs over my single hose regs for most diving.

Paul, check out Vintage Double Hose. I live in Baton Rouge so I'm alittle ways out and I only have a set of double 38's and 72's that I can use. You need single 72's at 2250psi. Try contacting Captain. He is a great guy to know and has helped me alot in the past with my vintage quest and he is not far from New Orleans. Let me know how it goes and I still may come....after Mardi Gras.:D Tim

Or just bleed an 80 down to 2300, that's plenty of air for first time "try dives", they should be in a pool or other confined water anyway.

PM sent.

Back
Top Bottom