HD100 on twins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

puppet27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

have had the pleasure of diving with the HD100 for the past 6 months, in that time have completed around 60 dives with it including Truk and the Coolidge and have to say its the most comfortable, practical BC ive ever used, not to mention it still looks brand new.
am looking at getting into twins and have heard its possible to convert the HD100 to run with them, the set up im looking at is twin steel 12s, no manifold and soft straps.
can i make this happen and how would i go about putting it all together.

cheers
Andrew

any info on this good or bad would be appriciated, searching the web all i have come across is the same question with no answer:coffee:

Just looked at it their website. There is no mention of using it with doubles. As opposed to their other sytems which clearly state that they can handle em. There is no backplate from what I can see, and no crotch strap. Depending on size the lift capacity is really pushing it as well with steels. Are you diving dry? If not I don't see where there is sufficient lift for steel tanks. If you are serious about diving double steels then buy one of their BPW systems and save the other for single recreational stuff. First thing you will learn when making a transition to a tech type setup is to not half-ass it. Use the proper tools for the job.

thanks for the feedback Jim i do agree on dedicated twin set up but was looking for a stop gap measure while i save up for BP&W. duel bladder wing is nearly a grand on it's own. When i purchased the bc the salesman advised that i could run twins with the same set up used for running twins on the oceanic probe and excursion. was looking if someone had modified this set up to accept soft bands and no manifold. i have the 45lbs of lift model and normaly dive in a wetsuit.

cheers

I have an HD100. I bought it last October. I love it. But, sadly, no, it cannot handle doubles. Before buying this, that was one of the questions I asked Hollis. The answer was basically that it was not designed for doubles, does not have the lift or the layout for doubles, but also said at the same time that it was probably possible to modify it to work with doubles. I know that is something less than a sure answer, but I'm just passing on what was fed to me :wink:
Happy Diving!
-Rich

thanks for the info Rich, have come to my senses and am just going to set up a dedicated bp&w for the twins.

cheers

I recently switching from an aluminum 80 to single steel LP 95 with a 30 cu. ft. pony attached. How would the HD100 or the ATS handle those?

My current BC (a jacket style) can't handle the added weight and I am in the market for a new one.

Also are there any photographs of the back side of these BC's? I've looked online and can only find photos from the front.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom