Question for NAUI instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I just completed the Naui Rescue Diver course. My OW & AOW certifications are through PADI. The NAUI program Is requiring me to take the Master Scuba Diver written test before going on to the Assistant Instructor course. This to make sure I have the necessary knowledge base. I'm going to take the test late this week. Can some one give me some general information about what topics the test covers?

jbd,
The requirement for the written test is per standards. Topics include: equipment, environment, physics, medicine & physiology, decompression & recompression, diving techniques, and specialized diving activities. I would advise getting a copy of the Master Scuba Diver text soon if you don't already have it. This is way beyond advanced diver knowledge, so I'd be studying if you aren't familiar with this stuff. Good luck.

Neil
NAUI 16372

I went to buy the book the LDS had and it was gone. Shop owner thinks one of the instructors might have borrowed it. He tried calling them but couldn't get in touch with them. Maybe they'll return it early this week.

The Master textbook is more in depth on the same subjects covered in the open water book.There is some more technical information on pressures,equipment etc and more physical laws and ocean environmental conditions.It will be a natural extension of the OW book and if you were fine with that,then you will be fine with the Master Diver.Get the questionnaire with it as it helps with the study.
Cheers ongoing education Ears,
The Thunder from Down Under,
The Gasman.

Back
Top Bottom