Australian repair support for Ikelite housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stove007

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi team,

is there a known official repair support for Ikelite housing in Australia?

Recently I went to Indonesia and the system (Ikelite #6147.09 Canon G9 housing with DS-51 Strobe kit ##3944.51) was working very well. At one stage the DS-51 strobe couldnÃÕ be detected by my Canon G9 (no flash symbol on the display) when it was connected to the TTL cable. Meaning I wanted to take a picture but there was no synchronisation between the camera shooting and releasing the flash.

The cable seems fine so I opened the control box on the top right corner of the case and I was surprised. Please have a look at the attached pictures

Thanks for your help in advance,
Steve

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 78
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 71
Sorry to hear of your trouble with the housing. It looks like perhaps there's been flooding through the bulkhead, so you may have a flooded sync cord as well. You can contact our Australian distributor Cape Byron Imports regarding the repair of your system:

Cape Byron Imports
Byron Bay, N.S.W.
Pho: 61-266-857185
Fax: 61-266-857245
e-mail: ikelite@capebyronimports.com.au

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom