blackbeard's cruises ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ricolandi

New
Reaction score
Planning a Blackbeard's Live-Aboard for a long weekend in Aug.
Any experience, suggestions, reactions would be appreciated.

Blackbeard's has the reputation of being the cheapest liveaboards going. It is that way because they are the most primitive in living facilities, offer the least ammenities, and so on. If you seek comfort and coddling go with the Nekton. If you have an extremely limited budget and can put up with the minimum...then Blackbeard's is fine.

Not a bad operation.....just very limited. And, at least they dont have a 17 diver kill rate like the peter hughes operation!!

good luck

I went on a Blackbeards cruise in Feb.. It was awesome.. I'm going again next year.. The crew was great, the food was good and plentiful.. I never really got into the beer/wine/rum thing.. But its there is you want it.. Accomodations are a bit sparse, but I spend my days on deck or i the water anyways, so my bunk was mainly for sleeping. The space issue was less of an issue than people always make it out ot be. Next time I'll pack less and have even more room.. I brought a lot of stuff I never used/wore..
I'd recommend it..
OH.. Did i mention the diving was amazing?! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom