El Nido Diving: Is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishybenjie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys.

I'll be attending a wedding in El Nido this weekend and was thinking of doing a few dives.

Considering that they charge quite a bit per dive (and the luggage weight restrictions for the plane), I was wondering if the dive sites there are worth it?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance :wink:

I liked El Nido a lot, but the best part of underwater el nido is the shallow hard corals. Diving is nice there, but snorkeling is much cheaper and you get 80% of what you get diving. The shallow water hard corals amongst the islands are as good or better then anywhere else I have been. When I go back I may dive one or two days, but I will spend more days snorkeling.

hmm... I may have to re-think my next trip. I had planned on diving El Nido and then going to Coron after Tubbataha. Maybe I'll go straight to Coron, come back to Manila early and spend a few days in Anilao instead.

hmm... I may have to re-think my next trip. I had planned on diving El Nido and then going to Coron after Tubbataha. Maybe I'll go straight to Coron, come back to Manila early and spend a few days in Anilao instead.
even $$-wise that makes sense bill...

Jag

I in no way was intending to diminish el nido. i think it is one of the most beautiful places i have been in the world. Personally, I would go back to el nido several times over before going back to coron. The corals are beautiful with lots of small fish, great reefscapes, great for split screen photos, amazing beaches, and snorkeling; but if none of that matters, only diving, then I guess skipping el nido make sense. But I wouldn't skip it.

Definitely, what El Nido lacks in diving - compared to other locales - it makes up a lot more in everything else when you look for a tropical destination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom