Sea Shells

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Navarre pier used to be a great spot, but it seems to be played out at the moment. Panama City and Destin Jetties CAN be good, but it's usually picked over in the warmer months, so you have to get lucky.

Be sure to only take empty shells. There are plenty out there, so there's no reason to kill anything for a trophy (plus it's illegal). Check your shells once you leave the water too, I've accidentally taken shells that appeared to be empty, but had critters inside that only appeared after I removed them from the water.

You might want to make yourself familiar with "cone" shells too.

In Pensacola the YDTs have great uninhabited shells on them if you are up for a boat trip. I've also gotten tons of shells off of Johnson Beach and the Pensacola Pass. My trick is to wait until after a 15 - 20 mph SE wind which gives you a good surf and blows them up on the beach. Then I act like a two year old in Walmart - crying and wining until the captain can't stand it anymore and goes shelling with me. It's a plan and it works. I actually just got a new Kayak for the sole purpose of shelling! I literally get 1 or 2 five gallon buckets per trip. I Love shells! At this rate I'll be opening a roadside shell stand next to the guy who sells oranges and quitting my real job! I love shells - I hate crazy people

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom