FREE MIT Scuba Course Online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastew

Reaction score
Just happened to notice this and thought it might be interesting to share. While it's just the Basic Open Water skills and obviously one can't take the pool component online. However, it could be a good refresher for some. There are readings assigment, lectures and demostration videos. Pretty cool I think.

MIT OpenCourseWare | Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation | PE.210 SCUBA, Spring 2007 | Home

The bigger item of interest is that almost ALL of MIT's courses, lectures and materials are offered online for FREE. Seems to me to be an amazing concept.

Here's one on Sustainable Engery:
MIT OpenCourseWare | Chemical Engineering | 10.391J Sustainable Energy, January (IAP) 2007 - Spring 2007 | Home

Enjoy
~steveo

Yup a lot of MIT classes have an OCW site. The trick is figureing out what all the numbers mean.

I just took 10.391J this last semester...its a great class if you are interested in sustainable technologies.

The course is not free. Only the reading assignments and documents are free.

If you go to the syllabus you will see that it is $300 for the equipment rental, course, air fills, C card and dives.

The course is not free. Only the reading assignments and documents are free.

If you go to the syllabus you will see that it is $300 for the equipment rental, course, air fills, C card and dives.

Still a great tool as ScubaStew pointed out. I am thinking of taking the course on Game Threory myself but I am guessing you have to have an IQ higher than that of the average rock so I may not qualify.

Back
Top Bottom