Egypt Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to the RED SEA in 2003 to a new area called TABA but to be honest, it was not good!
I booked for 10 dives but gave up after 4 dives! the water was cold, the corals were crap, there were few fishes but the boat was very good!
I will not recomend TABA for diving!

Hi,

Me and the wife are planning on a dive trip to Egypt in May. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on location etc?

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks
What type of diving do you prefer? If you like a relaxed vacation in a laid back place with excellent shore diving then it's Dahab. If you prefer boat diving then go Sharm or Hurghada .

There are plenty of good destinations in Egypt and as Red Sea Shadow says Dahab for shore diving and Sharm el Sheikh, Hurghada and down the coast for boat diving.

If you want you can have a look at my website WELCOME TO AZIAB for Red Sea Information and you're welcome to write me an email with any questions you might have. I've been living here since 1999 and have a fair bit of experience both from daily diving and liveaboards.

hope you'll have a great trip
.......a.......

Edit:
May is an excellent choice of year by the way

Hi,

Me and the wife are planning on a dive trip to Egypt in May. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on location etc?

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks

I loved the few sites I saw in Hurghada (even though I went on very touristy sites and you could tell they had been damaged by too much diving, it was still amazing), much less the dive center I had booked from the Internet.

If you plan on heading this way, definitely have a look on Samaka's website, it's packed with info, and ask him to recommand a dive op. From what I saw and experienced, there are many "cheap" cattle boats down there that not only aren't safety-oriented but that also will take you where everybody else is going at the same time. Not fun diving with 20+ groups of divers in the same area...

I am going to Dahab in 4 days, which is a much more laid back place (Hurghada is big hotels and all-inclusive resorts), I'll let you know how it goes. I feel bad for not having planned my trip there with Red Sea Shadow for he seems to know the area really well. I'd suggest you contact him if you're thinking on going to Dahab or Sharm el Sheikh.

go to sharm hyatt regency. good boat trips red sea water world has all new kit .stayed here lots of time's in fact i go again in april . you have tiran island ,ras mohammed and wreck's by boat like the thistlegorm and more ,and the hotel has the reef gardens near middle and far. turtle's, whale sharks ,rays just about every thing i have seen.I agree about taba it is not that good people are very nice but sharm better

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom