Camera, Housing and Strobe(s) Integration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJay32

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,
I am making my first UW camera purchase in the next 2 weeks. I am really leaning toward the Ikelite housing and strobes. I am comfortable shooting underwater but dont want to be distracted by making a lot of manual adjustments. I like the idea of the Ikelite ttl system allowing the camera and stobe to "work together". In terms of SIMPLICITY and INTEGRATION what current point and shoot camera is working best with your housing/strobes/ttl system. I am considering the G10 but would like to know a couple others you think work well. I would like to be able to shoot in RAW at some point (not so simple) and take video with the camera.
Thanks,
Jay

Last edited:
d90 looks good. what nikon lens do you recommend with the housing?

Finally, can I use two different ikelite strobes. For example, could is start with a ds 51 and add a ds160 or 200 down the road? Would the system still integrate or do I need 2 of the same strobes?

Correct that there's no problem using a DS51 and DS160 together as mentioned.

The Nikon 10.5mm and Tokina 10-17mm are popular wide angle lenses, and Nikon 105mm on the macro side. We also offer ports to accommodate the Nikon 18-105mm kit lens, though such a large zoom range is not ideal for underwater photography.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom