Home built spear gun.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With so many cheap searguns out there why waste time making one , spend the time shooting the fish. Get a small 42" they are good for 10-15 lb of fish. Cost $39-99.

On a similar subject what do people use to ship their spear guns on the plane with them? I travel quite extensively between Boston and New Orleans and I like to go spear fishing in both places. I have a couple guns, the largest being the JBL 450XHD about 66" long. I don’t like to put them in a box and would prefer a carrying case. I have looked at Pelican cases and rifle cases but they are too short even if I dissemble the gun.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I also recommend buying the gun it is typically easier and probably cheaper, unless you just want the challenge.

Good Hunting
JSC

Originally posted by JSC
On a similar subject what do people use to ship their spear guns on the plane with them? I travel quite extensively between Boston and New Orleans and I like to go spear fishing in both places. I have a couple guns, the largest being the JBL 450XHD about 66" long. I don’t like to put them in a box and would prefer a carrying case. I have looked at Pelican cases and rifle cases but they are too short even if I dissemble the gun.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I also recommend buying the gun it is typically easier and probably cheaper, unless you just want the challenge.

Good Hunting
JSC

Why not buy a rifle case (as in gun case) for it? You can pick them up most anywhere for a reasonable price.

I thank you for the suggestion, I have looked at many rifle cases but the spear guns were too long (approx 66”). Do you know of a manufacture that makes a case that will accommodate the length? I have talked to a few gun dealers who said I needed a case for 50-caliber sniper rifle and they could get me one by special ordering it; however, it will be aluminum. I am in Louisiana so I am not sure if I will get the gun with it or not:). I would like plastic do reduce the weight and the sharp edges as I assume I will drop it on my self (at least once) and bang stuff with it.

JSC

Hard shell gun cases are normaly around 52-54" max. Do you have a hack saw? Let me look around and see what I can find for you. If you like any other hunter I know you need an excuse to by Another gun. Just buy one less than 53".

I thought that maybe a black powder gun case would be long enough but I only found 62"x12" there. 50cal. case was 60" long and $269.

Back
Top Bottom