Straits of Mackinac: finding nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vodolaz

Reaction score
Is there anywhere reasonably close to the Straits area to get nitrox? I'm thinking of going up with a group for a weekend as a starter, but we haven't found anyone who pumps even standard hyperfiltered nitrox mixes. Where do you guys go for gas?

My doubles are O2-serviced, so regular air isn't an option even for shallow dives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When we head up that way we bring all the gas we need. I don't know if you can even get air on the weekend.

Great. Unfortunately a second set of doubles isn't in the budget.

:(

I thought that area was supposed to be a techie's dream.

Talk to the charter your diving with. If there is gas available they would know. As far as I know if you can get anything it's likely just air.

The best tech diving locations don't mean the places easiest to get gas. LOL

Even when we dive the other side of the lake (north of Chicago we bring our own gas. There isn't anyplace convenient to the harbor and on Sunday there isn't anything at all.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Talk to the charter your diving with. If there is gas available they would know. As far as I know if you can get anything it's likely just air.
The charter operator says he can get nitrox, but from what I understand it's not hyperfiltered, which messes me up on future PP fills.

The expense and hassle of tearing down doubles six months out of VIP and bringing them back up to O2 service rating just isn't worth it. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom