Instructor Institute and Crossover Institute

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Due to a number of inquires to myself and SEI HQ it appears there is enough interest to warrant an Institute in the W Pa, Eastern Ohio, Maryland, SW New York, and West Virginia area/ region. Presently an Institute is planned for May 14-17 in Muncie Indiana at SEI HQ. The interest in the other workshop is a result of scheduling conflicts, travel, and some who would like a little extra time to prepare before taking that step. I am currently looking at mid-July to mid August. We have offers for several facilities and enough Instructor Trainers to staff and conduct both Instructor exams and a Crossover Institute.

If you are in this area or would travel to attend one of these Institutes please contact me via PM, my website, or through SEI HQ. Final details are a ways off. I'm still evaluating site offers, staff offers to help, and other logistics.

A special note to those who still hold YMCA DM or AI ratings and wish to get affiliated with SEI and perhaps advance to the rating of instructor. This may be your chance to continue your service with an agency that shares your values. If you'd like more info PM me on this and we can get you on the road. You may need to hookup with an SEI Instructor to get your knowledge and skills in line and get ready to make the next step. I can help you with that.

To those instructors from other agencies who may wish to affiliate with SEI in this area, this would also be a good time for you. The Instructor Institute and Crossover Institute share some of the same classes and presentations. The II is 3 1/2 to 4 days. The Crossover can be as little as 1 1/2 days. While sometimes conducted seperately, the staff who have offered assistance for this event makes it possible to combine the two. For more info go to the SEI site and download the free leadership prep manual in the SEI store. Then contact me or SEI HQ. Thanks
Jim Lapenta
Welcome to UDM Aquatic Services

Due to scheduling and facility availability it's looking like this will happen closer to the fall. I am looking at getting something together in September. If anyone has another suggestion please forward it along to me and SEI HQ.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom