Anyone going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I could go! :(

I'll be there at 5PM on Friday and maybe again on Saturday if I don't have to work.

Fun in the sun and sand in sunny South Florida. Ya gotta love it.

Scott

Anyone else in the Florida area planning to attend?

I'd like to, as I've still never been yet, but haven't found anyone else planning on going!
I imagine it's mostly a lot of vendors trying to sell things, but, since I've never been to one, I would hope I'd get a chance to see certain gear, etc. (especially maybe some of the stuff I read about here on the board) in person that I've not had a chance to see in the random LDS's. Anyone care to join up on Saturday?:D

I went last year and it rained for the whole three days. Vendors are selling some stuff, (T-shirts, vacations, masks & fins) but many of the displays are informational and it was great to talk directly with reps.
I did the shore dive treasure hunt. First we (about 200 divers) got geared up and then a great electrical storm came up and poured tons of water on us while lighting bolts crashed all around us. The MC was calling for everyone to get away from the water but divers being divers crowded the shoreline. Finally, the rain let up and everyone plunged in to find metal washers tossed from a boat. Later the washers were redeemed for prizes. The top prize being a trip to the Bahama's for two, all expenses paid. Night entertainment, was beach bands, beer, and a lot of chit chat. It has been moved this year to Fort Lauderdale and a bigger venue.
Sadly, I can't go. It's my kids 3rd birthday. Had I known that her birthday was going to conflict with Oceanfest, I would have conceived her a week later.:rolleyes:

I'll be there sometime on Saturday afternoon. Maybe after noon sometime. Messages can be left for me at the fill express booth, like cell phone numbers and I can call when I get there so if anybody wants to meet up and say hi.

Sounds like a gas! How many years has this been going on - long time? Is it held every year, same place, same sort of deal? Those of you who go - please post pics! :thumb:

I'd say that it's been going on for at least 4 or 5 years but this year it's been moved from the original spot further south along A1A. It's fun and it's getting bigger ever year. There are some big name people there and lots of gear. I think it's worth the $7 to get in.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom