Discontinued Cuda 550

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDocER

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was looking at the Dive Xtras web site and noticed that the Cuda 550 has been discontinued. I see there is a Cuda 650 and 850 on the site. Since the 550 has been discontinued (which I have) will this present an issue for repairs and replacement parts? Why was the 550 discontinued and what does the 650 offer that the 550 does not that allowed it to be replaced? Just curious. I suppose this thread is really directed to the Dive Xtra reps.

The 650 is basicaly a 550 with different,bigger cells in the battery. There is no question of support as the parts are all basicaly the same. We now buy all our cells from Saft and they are 16Ah vs the 13Ah we used to buy. We support all our scooters, even the origional Echo and Frisco's

Thank you Ben. I was just surprised to see the 550 discontinued so soon after it's introduction. I got mine in Nov of 2008. Is it worth getting the new battery? Will it work in my 550?

I wouldn't bother unless you are doing dives that need the extra 1/5 run time, and are running your current cuda to the limit now.
Just enjoy the one you have :)

I recall reading that in contrast to the 1/5 range increase, the 550 is a tiny bit faster (at least theoretically) than the 650 because of the battery configuration right?

I wouldn't bother unless you are doing dives that need the extra 1/5 run time, and are running your current cuda to the limit now.
Just enjoy the one you have :)

I LOVE the one I have. Just don't want to have to upgrade every 3 months :). Thanks for the response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom