When do you go diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turbonarian

Reaction score
I would like to know, in general, at what time of the year would you prefer to go on a dive trip, say may be a week away in Thailand.

Do you usually go during extended holidays like Xmas and New Year or just whenever?

Turbonarian once bubbled...
I would like to know, in general, at what time of the year would you prefer to go on a dive trip, say may be a week away in Thailand.

Do you usually go during extended holidays like Xmas and New Year or just whenever?

I would first decide where I want to go, then find out the best season to go there. While temp might not be a consideration, most places have differences in tides, vis, maybe even migration of wildlife. A little research can pay off big time.

Peace,
Cathie

Every weekend, year around. :)

GQMedic once bubbled...
Every weekend, year around. :)
Married with an infant should say it all. :eek:

Right now my diving is limited to our annual vacation. I have a fixed week timeshare, so that generally dictates the time of year that I go. I do have the ability to trade and request another week in a different location. Since my S/O doesn't dive, I don't plan any diving-oriented vacations.

Maybe I'll buddy up with scuberd for a few weekend dives, if he'll keep the pace slow enough for a new diver and an old man twice his age. :D

South of the Equator the seasons are opposite the Northern Exposure. Our Winter is their Summer, their Spring is our Fall. Check your vacation schedule and see what the weather will be like generally in the place you want to go. I like to go South like Austraila, South America, etc. in the winter. It's warm and sunny way down south.

I can get. I don't care (too much) where, when, or how. I am pretty determined to get in the water.

I am still trying to figure out if this is a good thing, or something I might need to be concerned about.....LOL

Jury's still out. :wink:

When ever i get the oppertunity
THATS wekdays weekends whatever
So when i go on vacation its to excellent venues
Howard

Peter,

I'm not married, but I am the single dad of a 16 month old daughter. But, I lucked out, I've a long time friend who's my room mate who doesn't dive and she babysits for me while I go diving or to my ITC classes, work, whatever. Nothing beats a FREE nanny! (Of which I take full advantage of that resource!)

-Dennis

navy85 once bubbled...

Married with an infant should say it all. :eek:

Right now my diving is limited to our annual vacation. I have a fixed week timeshare, so that generally dictates the time of year that I go. I do have the ability to trade and request another week in a different location. Since my S/O doesn't dive, I don't plan any diving-oriented vacations.

Maybe I'll buddy up with scuberd for a few weekend dives, if he'll keep the pace slow enough for a new diver and an old man twice his age. :D

Back
Top Bottom