I have no equiptment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kemo Racer

Reaction score
Hey I am 15 and have been scuba diving for four years. I travel about 5-6 times a year to some tropical country to dive. I have an Advanced Open Water Diver. I am planning to go to Virgin Islands this summer to get my rescue diver certification and was planning to buy my own equiptment because I don't even have fins or a mask. I would like some recomendations because I have no clue what I'm doin. I could buy my own mask, fins, suit, and octopus. I think I will hold of with a copmuter. The thing is BCs all seem the same and I need some guided tips on which one to buy.

Welcome to the board. Your question should be an excellent opportunity to familiarize yourself with the "search" function :)

As to taking a Rescue course, I would advise you consider a local dive operation, instead. It's an important course.

Is it safe to guess that you have been renting your equipment on previous dive trips? If so, think about your experiences. Are there any items you remember as being exceptionally good or exceptionally bad?

I would certainly start with purchasing your own mask. Then move on to items like fins and BC.

about the BC, what specific features should I look in them.
what general kind should I get
what are the major differences between them because they all look the same to me

... may start to hit your wallet harder than your body.

At this point the only things you will not grow out of are mask, reg and computer.

Depending on how big you think you will get then fins may be OK as the booties are the cheap part.

Agree with the Rescue part - find a VERY good instructor at your destination otherwise go with the reliable local.

my doctor said I'm not really goin to grow much. Plus my mom is paying for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom