Help finding amazing budget backpacker dive sites in Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

I've been diving in Indonesia and would like to change the scene. Have 2.5 months off starting in May and thinking of starting in the Philippines before heading back to Indo.

I like dive spots with fun people & amazing diving & really inexpensive places to stay & dive (secure bungalows/cold water & a few 8 legged friends is fine), decent dive shops is a bonus. Truly amazing experiences that cost a bit more are a consideration.
Relative saftey is a must.

I look forward to your suggestions! Also feel free to add in some of your favorite non SCUBA activities too!

Thanks ;-)

puerto galera and alona beach in panglao comes to mind when you want inexpensive places to stay. PG is livelier while alona is much more quiet. diving in either site is excellent.

From what I recall reading (because haven,t been there myself), it seeems like Moalboal in the Visayas is pretty cheap for good diving and accomodations. But not much nightlife...

I can definetly second Sabang (Puerto Galera) for the excellent diving, lots of nightlife (well, as much or as little as you want) and if you take your time to shop around you can probably wrangle up some cheap accomodations and diving.

You're going to love the Philippines!:coffee:

You can get below 1000 Pes per dive in sabang (PG area) if u book for a couple ....

Is that consider budget for you ?

I guess not , maybe you can just rent tank and go beach diving whit a bud .. there is a nice wreck accesible from the beach.

I read your post in asia general and find it really informative , I am actually planning a thail indo trip ...

you might be interested in airasiaplus.com is a nice site where u can find when is the cheapest in second fligh for airasia.... i dont think its made by them ..

I know a place in Sabang u can rent for 7500 / month

and 300/400 day in malapascua but dive is over 1000.

I also find 1000 dive in mactan cebu , but its a pretty rich , high price neighbourhood.. that mean u have to travel ..

Check in the sticky there is a google map , that include all dive spot , hotel etc .... very informative...

Last edited:
You can get below 1000 Pes per dive in sabang (PG area) if u book for a couple ....Is that consider budget for you ? I guess not , maybe you can just rent tank and go beach diving whit a bud .. there is a nice wreck accesible from the beach.

Up to $25 US seems ok for a boat dive. Sometimes I'll go up to $35+ here and there if there is something absolutely amazing to see like the manta in Bali (but not just for comfort). 1000 Pes is great - any cheaper I start worrying about equipment servicing (of course I have my own)

I read your post in asia general and find it really informative , I am actually planning a thail indo trip ...
Have a great time. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

you might be interested in airasiaplus.com is a nice site where u can find when is the cheapest in second fligh for airasia.... i dont think its made by them ..
thanks - will check it out.

I know a place in Sabang u can rent for 7500 / month

and 300/400 day in malapascua but dive is over 1000.

I also find 1000 dive in mactan cebu , but its a pretty rich , high price neighbourhood.. that mean u have to travel ..

Can you provide specifics?

Check in the sticky there is a google map , that include all dive spot , hotel etc .... very informative

stange - somehow it posted twice

Last edited:
What u mean be specific about what the monthly rent ?

Or the google map of philippines dive spot ?

If you know of a specific good-value/fun/chill place to stay ranging from $3-$8 USD per night or even higher that would be helpful.

Otherwise - I'm pretty good at just showing up and looking around & finding the best deal :D.

I doubt I'll stay anywhere for a full month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom