Off Shore Boat Dive - March 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

b1draper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'd like to get a group together and do a little off shore diving. Yes, I know the water may be a little chilly (Ice Diving - per Jon) but it'll be a fun trip. I'd like to take the boat out and go to a couple rarly dove sites. The advantage of diving this type of site is that's mostly undesturbed and they tend to be loaded with fish and such. I'd like to have upto 3 people to join me.

Sites I'd like to try going to are, I'll pick a site depending on conditions.
Ray Hole Spring - A fresh water spring located around 20 miles off shore from St. Marks
Caves Ledge Reef - A limestone ledge located around 15 miles off shore from Alligator Point
SS Valmar - Originally built as a gunboat for the British Lies scattered in 25 ft and is known locally as the Lumberboat
Empire Mica - Located around 26 miles off shore from Cape San Blas. The max depth is 105 feet.

No one wants to go diving at sites that are rarely visited. So what if the water is a "little" cool. A 5mm suit with a hood will be fine. These are sites that you can't get to unless you have your own boat or you use one of the three charter companies in the area.

Maybe your date doesn't work for others. I'd like to hit the Mica, but don't have the spare scratch to do it, along with costs of travel.

Lots of factors other than not wanting to go to consider.

I'd only want to split 1/3 of the gas. Which usually puts the cost at around $40 +/-per person. Granted you'd still have to travel from Alabama but it's still cheaper than going on a charter. I think Dive Locker was doing charters there last summer for around $150 per diver.

Still need two more divers, anyone interested?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom