Sharm - Camel Divers or Aqua Sharm Divers???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tricoti

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We'll be in Sharm in early March staying at the Radison and they have a "partnership" with Aqua Sharm Dive Centre, but we've heard great things about Camel Diving Centre. Anybody have an opinion about which to go with? I want to pre-book to get the best price. I don't know if having a partnership means that they will drive us from the hotel to Aqua Sharm, or the jetty or whatever, but I want to be with the best people and do the best dives. We are interested in seeing any big pelagics, of course, but also the most pristine coral areas. I see on the Aqua Sharm website that they their schedule is:

Monday Tiran
Tuesday Ras Mohamed NP
Wednesday Local
Thursday Tiran
Friday Ras Mohamed NP
Saturday Tiran
Sunday Ras Mohamed NP

I don't know if Camel Divers are similar or not, but that looks pretty good.

Thanks ahead of time!

Chris

likewise... am planning a 2 week Scuba holiday in Sharm... want to see the best bits + shipwrecks.. dont want to pay through the nose.. just something reasonable with some reasonable diving :)

is there a magazine review of the best dive centres ???

hi tricoti

ive dived with a school called aqua sharm,i done my open water with them, they had there building just up the road from pinky wall in the sol y mar hotel but they may haved moved buildings as the last time i went to pinky wall/the reef beach, there place didnt look open and there was not much going on outside, so its possible that the aqua sharm u speak of is a different place or it could be moved,,the one i dived with was in hadaba

the aqua sharm i dived with were all eygptian divers and crew,,they were freindly and professional but the teaching from one instructor wasnt brilliant ,,but that was up to the instructor and not aqua sharm,i done the scuba diver course and then the up grade on the next week i spent in sharm,,the first teacher was younger than me and was a sound enough bloke but wasnt very eager to help out any more than what was required by padi,, he was only teaching me alone, so wasnt run off his feet and having to deal with a lot of newbie questions and people floating off to the surface from the sand etc..so his work ethic possibly wasnt up to scratch because the 2nd instructor was really excellent,,he was an eygptian man about 40 or 50,he helped me out a lot and was really friendly and had a great laugh with me and my gf,, the instructor probably wont be what ur wanting to know about though and besides u more than likely wont get my second instructor hani anyway because hes probably working else where now, i think that pricing is pretty much the same with most of the centres but i would highly recommend booking in advance and paying in advance too to get some discount on the over all price,,

for me the dive centres in and around naama that have access to the naama bay jetty are the best,aqua sharm does not have this,they go from travco or from sharks bay when heading to tiran ,id imagine its because it costs more money to have ur boat come in there and moor in naama bay but i could be wrong on that,, the local diving with aqua sharm is from the shore,but i only done 2 dives seperate from my course which were local from the shore,,and they were both on paradise reef on the back of ras umm sid,,all my other dives with them were in tiran and ras moe

camel do have access to the naama bay jetty,this means they go either north or south on local dives with lots of different sites each way and then the usual ras moe boat and tiran boat ,i often stay in hadaba and dive with a centre in naama,,,im collected from the hotel and taken straight to the jetty,,where i sit in the shade and have a nice ice cream bounty bar while i wait for all the permissions and equipment to be on the boat,,then when the diving is finished its just straight back on the bus and back to the hotel,,no dropping people off to 10 other hotels,,perfect

a pal i met in sharm in may dived with camel and he loved it,,the price was great too,,he did pay in advance,, i think crowley might be able to help you out on who is best to dive with in naama,, he works there himself so will know the best people to go with,give him a pm and im sure he will steer you in the right direction

Back
Top Bottom