Question re AutoFlash AF35

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recently I bought the AF35 flash to use with my SD770 IS camera. My question is about the preflash. I see nowhere in the user's guide a discussion about this, whereas other makes discuss being able to adjust the delay to compensate for preflash.

Adam

The AutoFlash AF35 automatically provides preflash cancellation. The "Auto Exposure Selector Dial" should be used to fine tune the AF35's flash output to your particular camera model. Please refer to Page 6 of the instruction manual for information on setting this value.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

The AutoFlash AF35 automatically provides preflash cancellation. The "Auto Exposure Selector Dial" should be used to fine tune the AF35's flash output to your particular camera model. Please refer to Page 6 of the instruction manual for information on setting this value.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite

Thank you for responding. Also can you recommend how to attach a light to the flash arm for the purpose of seeing in the dark and for focusing the camera?

Adam

Sorry to say that we don't offer any sort of light to use with the AF35 at this time. I suppose you would have to look for something that would velcro, rubber band, or otherwise attach to the body of the strobe. And I guess if all else fails there's always duct tape!

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom