Tubbataha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gravity

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have recommendations for liveaboards to Tubbataha? We are considering trying to book a trip for march or april. Even better, anyone know of last-minute specials available?

From what I understand, it can be difficult to book something this late. Here's a link to who I'm diving with in April. Maybe you'll be lucky and there will be an opening or there will be a last minute cancellation.... Good Luck!!!

DEEP OUTDOORS - Tubbataha Dive Safari 2009

Scheduling this late you may be out of luck.
Tubataha has a limited season, and the time you chose is right, but the liveaboards are often filled. You should try a year in advance for the best bet. Home - Liveaboard Scuba Diving in the Philippines and Palau is the best liveaboard opperator in the Philippines. Contact them see if they may have an opening.
If you can't get Tubataha, there are many other great dive sites to see. Dumagete has great macro diving and is one of the best spots for muck diving, and the surprises muck diving brings. Near Dumagete is Apo Is., also one of the great dive sites in the Philippines. You could also find great diving in Panglao Is., Malapascua, Moalboal, Anilao, Puerto Galera,etc.,etc.,etc..
You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines!

lucas? is that you?! :p

actually, your best bet is finding someone who had reservations and couldn't make it... didn't we have something like that posted in the trade section a few months ago??

We haven't had trouble finding spots available on boats to Tubbataha. We just haven't been able to find much on the board about the quality of experience aboard the various boats. We ended up changing our plans and decided to head to Komodo in March and we will come back to the PI in mid-april. We will probably stay land based in the PI to save money.

btw, Maggie, yes this is Lucas and Shannon. It was fun to dive with you and Zee in Lembeh and we will let you know when we are coming through Manila.

hi there, i saw you were interested in Tubbataha and i am just wondering whether the trip materialised eventually? any feedback of the LOB you went with? i am serously looking for one now, and appreciate any feedback. Like you, we are looking for consistent good uality LOB to the supposedly best site in PI. thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom