Malapascua in May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I am planning for a week's diving and have a few places to consider.. Malapascua is one but there wasn't any clear info whether May is a good period to dive. does any one here have any suggestions/advice?

many thanks.

I hope to keep costs down within US$600-650 for the trip, excluding airfare.

other than thresher sharks sightings, is Malapascua generally a place for macro or pelagics?

Well ive seen mantas white tips shark. (You want to dive at gato island )
Sea horse, nudibrachs lots of things, theres definaly soma macro but i think theres is other spot better for that in phi, Dont get me wrong i enjoy Malapascua , In fact its the place i like the most on my trip

you can finds accomodation as low as 300ph a night
If u dont know yet Check out cebu air pacific for great fare price

Well ive seen mantas white tips shark. (You want to dive at gato island )
Sea horse, nudibrachs lots of things, theres definaly soma macro but i think theres is other spot better for that in phi, Dont get me wrong i enjoy Malapascua , In fact its the place i like the most on my trip

you can finds accomodation as low as 300ph a night
If u dont know yet Check out cebu air pacific for great fare price

I would recommend Thresher Shark Divers shop but I'm not sure if they would be as cheap as your recommendation. I think Malapascua is great for macro (mandarin fish, manta shrimp, nudibranchs etc.) and I really don't think there are better locations for the variety there. Pelagics - you have the threshers of course I have been there many times in May and have seen them. Dive nitrox for the lowest number of divers and the longest dive time. You can also see the mantas in the afternoon at the same dive site as the threshers.

BBs has fairly inexpensive rooms in the 300-400 pesos range I am told. It is hot and dry in May usually but I have experienced an early typhoon towards the end of May.

Back
Top Bottom