For those not able to go to Morrison's Grand Reopening...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to try and be at the ribbon cutting. I thought I'd take an early trip out to see what conditions were like. I took these pictures yesterday. Sorry for the choppy panos, but you get the idea of what the place looks like. The water is still brown but I may bring my gear and try to be the first "OFFICIAL" diver after it opens. I'll have to get rid of a cold first though.

sign1.jpg

enter.jpg

sign2.jpg

gatepano.jpg

rinse.jpg

springgate.jpg

beachpano.jpg

centerdownrun.jpg

launchdownrun.jpg

downrun.jpg

launchpano.jpg

launchuprun.jpg

scene1.jpg

scene2.jpg

scene3.jpg

I dont know about diving in brown water, but I might like to be there as well. What time were you planning on arriving? Ill bring my cave setup regardless.

That waters not brown, its dark yellow/green! Ugh :p Perfectly divable, wish I could make it.

is there gators in that water?

There have suposedly been there in the past, but you can't find anyone who will admit they actually saw one.

They used to have a sign up warning about them though. (I doubt it's still there with the "remodel".

(Pic of old sign)

morrison-sign.jpg

BTW, Blake, this is about a 5 hour drive from where you'll be for your wedding in June.

I wonder if those markers say "No boats" or anything like that?

The markers do say "NO BOATS".

Does anyone have a pic of the old sign about how many deaths there were there, with the flippable numbers? May be a myth.

10, no, 11, no 12, OW divers have died in this cave.

I dont know about diving in brown water, but I might like to be there as well. What time were you planning on arriving? Ill bring my cave setup regardless.

I'm going to try and be there around 10 am and stay dry until after the ribbon cutting at 11. I'll probably get one dive in and head home because I've got to work Thursday night.

Here is a digital zoom of one of the markers:

marker.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom