Scubapro tank strap buckle -- Ouch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dnhill

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, just a little warning from experience (recent), watch those fingers when you close the buckle around a tank. I am usually pretty careful (no more than one or two trips to the ER a year), but this one got me. The wound could have used a stitch or two, but I just used steri-strips. I just needed to be healed up for diving this weekend - no problem.

dnhill

They are kinda like lines on boats - always keep your fingers clear. They are still the best tank straps I've ever seen.

Walter,

I agree that it is a great strap and holds well, just be more careful than I was.

I have to agree they are the best ones out there but will diffently take a bit out of you if you not carefull !!!

If they are the same one's that have that little curved hook as part of the handle, I don't like it. On my very first beach dive, I had gotten tossed walking in sideways, next thing you know, I couldn't feel the sand floor I was standing on anymore, got pulled out about 10 feet, and when I finally regained my balance and inflated my bc to get horizontal, then I was able to find my alternate 2nd, but could not find or retrieve my primary the way I was taught in basic O/W.

When my buddy came back to help me out, he pointed out that my primary hose had gotten caught behind me in that hook portion of the tank clamp. That was not a good thing.

I since changed them with Dive Rite's SS upgrade clamps. Nothing for the hose to get snagged on back there again.

Back
Top Bottom