DM Internships in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dread7

New
Reaction score
currently Indonesia (originally Scotland)
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi

I am looking for advice on places/operators to do an internship up to Divemaster sometime this year in Indonesia. Currently I am only at Advanced level, with about 30 or so dives.

I will be in/around Indonesia all year so can be fairly flexible about times but would prefer to start sooner rather than later in the year.

Also I have more of the kind of time that is not money then the hard stuff itself (ie. costs are an issue, time less so).

Thanks in advance,

Robin

Hi Robin,

I just finished my SSI Intructor internship in Bali with Air Diving Academy. I found out that they're really well organized. They help me with anything i need to know. The Instructor Certifier who teach me his name is Prass and he is a really good Instructor. Well...for more information you can check on balidiving.com.
Another option is scuba-schools-indonesia.com.

Best Regards,

agus

Hi Robin,

I just finished my SSI Intructor internship in Bali with Air Diving Academy. I found out that they're really well organized. They help me with anything i need to know. The Instructor Certifier who teach me his name is Prass and he is a really good Instructor. Well...for more information you can check on balidiving.com.
Another option is scuba-schools-indonesia.com.

Best Regards,

agus

Last edited:
[ Stijn from Absolute Scuba Bali PADI Master Instructor Stijn@absolutescubabali.com

Hi Robin, lots of people head to Ko tao Thailand - you can check in the Thailand Forum. Much busier shops & young party scene but -- I can vouch for Stijn & absolute as I did both my OW & AOW with him. Very professional shop with extremely great rental gear & Stein is quite good. It's nice to see his name again.

Padangbai is a somewhat quiet town, tourists passing through & a nice mellow scene with plenty of local village life. I really love it there. You can stay a few blocks away from Absolute at the Kerti Inn in basic rooms with a porch facing the ocean for something like $4US a night including breakfast and food should be $1.50 - $2.00 if you pay attention :). Have fun!

With the situations that representative for learning and assistance from trainer every time you need it or even not in the course time, that's why I suggest you to take your internship in Air Diving Academy. Please find out at Bali Diving - Bali Air Diving Academy.

Look into Lumba Lumba too. Great diving, and nice cheap, relaxing place to hang out for a few months. Great place to do DMT, as has strong currents/challenging conditions sometimes, and a house reef in front of the dive centre......

Bubble:

Seems that you've been pushing Lumba2 on a few threads...do u work for them. Just joking!

I wonder what the living conditions are like in Pulau Weh. Is it the same as Aceh with the Sharia law being in effect. Very strict alcohol laws, etc.? I imagine there is not much other tourists except divers. Is that accurate?

Aceh is no longer under Sharia Law - not since the Tsunami (I believe). The living conditions are a bit on the basic side - it's a quiet beach. Alcohol is available, but not 'advertised'. The island is getting busier from what I hear as it's getting easier to reach - you can now fly in from Kuala Lumpur or from Penang. The island does get busier on the weekends too, many people come for a weekend break from Banda Aceh, and there's a steady trickle of backpackers travelling through too.

I did work there last summer, and after spending time teaching in Thailand too, know where I'd choose to do my DMT if I had my time again.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom