I need to lose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jed+4

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok Im 280 pounds 6'0" i have a spair tire and my problem is I like to eat:popcorn: what can i do to loose weight. Now dont get me wrong im not all total fat when I got out of the ARMY I weighed 205 and in great shape I would like to atleast see 220 agin

The good news: Since you were at one time 205, your target weight of 220 should be within reach. Depending on how heavily muscled you are, you might even want to shoot for even lower than 220...

The bad news: To reach your goal you'll need to permanently change how you are eating and exercising to more closely match what you were doing when you were in the Army. You are gonna need to burn more calories than you are currently taking in order to drop the weight. Fad diets just wont cut it.

The GREAT News: You did it once, you can do it again! Begin exercising regularly, working up to daily exercise, and eat healthier and you will see the weight drop off.

Good luck!

Easy change: stop eating fats. Eat cheerios or oatmeal for breakfast, 6 ozs tuna with no or little mayo for lunch along with 6 crackers. A cup of pasta with no meat sauce for dinner with bread. Use margerine, not butter, eat low fat yogurt as a snack, eat pretzels and cruncy veggies with no dressing.

Get in the habit of looking at the contents, keep foods to ,5mg cholesterol, o trans fat and little to no fats of any sort.

Increase cardio exercise.

If you are increasing exercise, particularly using weights, do not watch your weight, watch your waist size, muscle is denser than fat, if you are building muscle weight will not change much, but dimensions will.

I know its gona be ahard road but I gata do something thanks for the info. Its been a long time sence the ARMY so hear comes the pain

I know its gona be ahard road but I gata do something thanks for the info. Its been a long time sence the ARMY so hear comes the pain

Hey man, I'm in the same boat. I have a proposition for you... since you don't seem to be askeered of throwing you weight up on the internet, and since you were an ARMY guy, and I was a NAVY guy what do you say about a little healthy competition? I need something to keep me on board. It sounds like I'm a pretty similar build.. 6'1", 284... but I don't think I can dip below 230 too much, because when I weighed 230 I was in pretty good shape. So here's the deal- I'll race you to 230 in front of everyone on ScubaBoard in a brand new thread. If you win, I'll even take you diving. What do you say?

Hey man, I'm in the same boat. I have a proposition for you... since you don't seem to be askeered of throwing you weight up on the internet, and since you were an ARMY guy, and I was a NAVY guy what do you say about a little healthy competition? I need something to keep me on board. It sounds like I'm a pretty similar build.. 6'1", 284... but I don't think I can dip below 230 too much, because when I weighed 230 I was in pretty good shape. So here's the deal- I'll race you to 230 in front of everyone on ScubaBoard in a brand new thread. If you win, I'll even take you diving. What do you say?

That sounds like a good idea we will do a start weighin and go from there this will give me some motavation to do something. when do you wana start

Discipline yourself.

the K

I dread the weighin tomarrow. Dieting stinks but I know the out come will be worth it.

Start a little at a time. Do some walking and running, then running walking, then running. Cut back on calories, and if you drink cut back or stop until you hit your goal. There are a number of calculators that will give you an idea of what your body needs. Then consume less. Throw in some weight training (muscle burns more calories).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom