Zeagle Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Has Anyone ever had any problems with the Zeagle Ranger(for ex: ripcord system, etc...)? If so.. could you tell me?

The pull dump valve failed. Interestingly enough i never even USED it to dump air. My zeagle has long since been replaced with a back inflate BC (wing), so, i have a (fixed) Zeagle i am not using :wink:

Over 100 dives on my Ranger and I did have to service the inflator. Other than that it has given me only excellent service.

I have quite a few dives on my Ranger with no problems at all. I have heard a lot of "problems" with the ripcord system but when I press for a better responce than "It stinks or I have had lots of problems" us usually get no responce. I suspect most of the "problems" are actually operator error. You will find a lot of people who like to trash the Ranger, along with other BC's as well. Take their responces with a grain of salt.

i've had mine for over a year now and have a modest 30 dives i think. nothing happened yet...

as far as the rip cord problem...these are people that probably don't take care of their equipment. before i go diving, i check that the rip cord is stitched properly and there's plenty of slack at the end, as to not accidentally release any weight.

i'll take the rip cord config any day over the velcro approach!

of course...always thoroughly rinse and inspect your equipment and it should last a very long time.

if you do a lot of shore dives, then this will significantly cut down the longevity of all your equipment.

i probably have a 1:3 ratio between shore and boat dives going right now...hopefully i can continue to widen this ratio, as boat diving is WWAAAAYYYYYYY easier than shore diving. at least around these parts of town...

i love my ranger bc :D

happy diving to all and to all a good day! I SAID GOOD DAY!!!

Never have a problem with the Ranger... actually I
am on my third Zeagle Ranger (average 300 dives per). After two years I sell it off and buy a new one.

For the inflator I run the Octo+... both these systems have functioned excellently and would highly recommend them to anyone.

In the past I have has BP/Wings, SeaQuest ADV, and a TUSA.

Safe Diving

I have dove a ranger on numerous occasions and have had no problems. I recently purchased a ranger ltd and have decided to switch to a different system. If your interested in a practicaly new ranger in size med. let me know. I only dove the new ranger 1 time.

Regards

I paid 475 for it at leisurepro and only dove it once. I would be willing to let it go for around 400.00. Also, I live in Northern Calif. Let me know if you are interested.

Jason

Both my sons and I use Rangers. We've used them for about 3 years. More than 40lbs lift w/ standard wing. The pockets are a little small and hard to access. As to the ripcord system, just examine it up close and how it works. It is elegant and simple and the only thing that could affect it would be overly harsh treatment or wear. If the "cord" is in good shape (no major kinks or weak spots) there is not much to go wrong. I never use a crotch strap anymore and everything stays pretty much in place. If I anticipate being upside down a lot I might use one. When putting loose weights in it (not using weight pouches) I sometime wonder if one might work it's way out but so far it has never happened. I love using wing type floatation and will never go back to jacket style. The only unavoidable negative about wings is that they float you face down at the surface and you have to swim on your back to travel at the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom