XR2 Battery replacement [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : XR2 Battery replacement

Sponsored Link

rellbee
February 28th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I just changed my battery and all went well until it was time to reinstall the clear battery hatch with the o-ring. I couldn't get it to seat no matter how hard i pushed with my thumb. Is there a trick to it? Manual just says to set completely and evenly with thumb. Any help is greatly appreciated

irishsquid
February 28th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I just changed my battery and all went well until it was time to reinstall the clear battery hatch with the o-ring. I couldn't get it to seat no matter how hard i pushed with my thumb. Is there a trick to it? Manual just says to set completely and evenly with thumb. Any help is greatly appreciated

I had to go through hell to get mine to seat also. I don't know of any tricks. Just keep working at it and hold your mouth / tongue a little different. :)

boat sju
February 28th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Be careful not to stretch the o-ring or it won't seat. I ran the o-ring through my fingers applying silicone , which was the wrong way to do it and it apparently stretched. I had to buy another one.

I ended up using a screwdriver to turn the retaining ring to help me seat the hatch. Then I put pressure on the hatch with my thumb again and removed the retaining ring, up onto my thumb again. At that point I could tell that the clear hatch was seated properly and the retaining ring then turned easily into it's locking position.

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1