Joint DOT-DILG-DENR Memo circular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bttmdwllr

Contributor
Reaction score
I just want to inform everyone that a joint memorandum circular was signed and issued by Secretaries Durano, Puno and Atienza a few weeks ago at the Dive Congress held at the PTA clamshell in Intramuros.

The memo was basically for the LGU units, Mayors in particular regarding the standardization of dive fees.

Dive areas were separated (as MUNICIPALITIES) and CLASSIFIED into 4 categories and depending on the category, there was a maximum daily/annual dive fee that Mayors can impose.

So goodbye, 150 per dive, 400 per dive dive fees GOODBYE CAMERA FEES.

It also outlined what the fees were to be used for --mainly conservation and enforcement.

We thank USEC Cynthia Carrion for spearheading this initiative as well as the private sector members of the PCSSD and the Commissioners for addressing this pain in the diver's behinds (this is a public forum...) issue.

Anyone who wants a copy of the memorandum circular can email me at yvetteclee@gmail.com

I am anxious to see the circular!!! Email it to me please. I already sent you an email. Thanks for the info!

I am anxious to see the circular!!! Email it to me please. I already sent you an email. Thanks for the info!
from my limited understanding of legalese it's a good document - the classification criteria seems vague but the fees are VERY reasonable

although diving anilao just became 50 pesos more expensive per day :lol:

i'm assuming of course that tubbataha is a level 4 class dive site... i wonder if that's gonna be 200/ day hehehehe

Jag

This is awesome! The operators must be exempt from the fees....that is the part of the circular that I was not clear about. I have a copy....Thanks Yvette.

This is awesome! The operators must be exempt from the fees....that is the part of the circular that I was not clear about. I have a copy....Thanks Yvette.
you mean the dive pro leading the dive?

in anilao the pros pay the annual fee so although they're not "exempt" the discount works pretty well in the end for those that dive often enough...

where'd culasi fall under, babyd? class 1 or 2?

Jag

I guess a Major in Negros Oriental a few KM south of Dumaguete will start a "park-by-the-sea-fee", will double the mooring fee, establish a "we need to erase your footprints in the sand-fee" and and and...

joke na lang. Thanks so much Yvette for the mail... hope things will be fine.

Rhoody

I guess a Major in Negros Oriental a few KM south of Dumaguete will start a "park-by-the-sea-fee", will double the mooring fee, establish a "we need to erase your footprints in the sand-fee" and and and...

joke na lang. Thanks so much Yvette for the mail... hope things will be fine.

Rhoody
you just feel bad coz you now have to scrap your guide's-drink-fee

Jag

Yes jag, actually we also want to start an online petition. Im just waiting for a copy of the directive than we can start it sa diversions. THIS is an E.O. banning shark fishing and the possession and sale of etc etc

Para alam ni GMA na people are asking for it. Yung manta matagal na meron but as usual the DENR and BFAR are not doing anything about it.

When it arrives in the fishmarket kasi its all chopped into pieces so it does not look anything like a manta ray. BUt go to the navotas fish port any night, malamang you will see banye banyera of those. I have pics.

Yvette

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom