Why did it take me so long?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Last night I tried out my brand new toy: http://www.godive.net/gdbcd018.html

I had been considering changing my BCD for a few months ever since discovering I couldn't demonstrate surface skills properly and worrying about the outcome of my IE in just five weeks.

So I made the big jump and bought it.

It is such a huge difference compared to my old faithful Scubapro Top100 :)

I still find it a bit stiff, but I suppose it's because it's new.

How about some details, Chiara?

For example, how much lift? Weight integrated or not? Back inflation or jacket or hybrid/combo?

Inquiring minds have to know!

BTW, I did the same thing before my IE (back when dinosaurs ruled the earth :wink: )

I used that BC up until about 3 years ago when I found it just didn't do what I needed it to do... like comfortably support BOTH myself and a student at the surface while fully inflated. So I opted for an Aeris, which is a hybrid: back inflation with some wrap-around side inflation.

What a learning curve we have to get back on when we get a new bc! :eek:ut:

~SubMariner~

No idea about lift, it's a classic jacket style, no weight integration (although the front pockets can take a couple kilos each and there are two back pockets specially for weigths).

I'll be working some more tonight (no real course for a change, just plain training on skills :) ), and I'm trying it in open water on Sunday.

Now that IE listening to theory is done, we have alnost four weeks to refine our skills and work on micro- and prescriptive teaching (got an amazing 3.8, 4.0, 4.2 and 4.5 sequence on prescriptive subjects last night, and this was only my second try at them :eek:ut: ).

micro- and prescriptive teaching (got an amazing 3.8, 4.0, 4.2 and 4.5 sequence on prescriptive subjects last night, and this was only my second try at them

If you got those kinds of marks on PRESCRIPTIVE teaching, you are doing GREAT! People always seem to have a harder time with the prescriptive teaching concept vs. the regular micro teaching.

How are you doing in confined & open water teaching?

BTW, practice your hovering till you can do it in your sleep, It will DEFINITELY be a skill they will ask you to do @ the IE.

Email me if you get a chance. :)

Take care,

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom