Visayas - Diveboat missing (stolen?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhoody

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Guys and Girls,
A good friend of mine is looking for his dive-boat. I know it sounds funny.... but I don't wanna say it's stolen.

Last seen Sat after Sunset drifting from Dauin south into open sea.

If you hear something about a "new Banka" in a diveshop, or see someone painting a Banka, or taking it apart to sell the engine please let me know, ororor.... please let me via PM here or better to rhoody@philippinen-tauchen.com or txt 0921 2292 551.

Maybe you know some operators in that region who could have heard something...

It might be in the region of south Negros, North Mindanao, Siquijor, Bohol, Cebu...

I go back to the shop and get some technical specs and pictures. I would say its about 15 Meters, so not that small.

Thanks for now, any help in that region would be appreciated and honored with SMB/SML and mexican snacks till you drown...

cheers

Rhoody

Hey Rhoody,

The free Mexican snacks makes it sound like M.F. may have a vested interest in this. Hope thats not who it belongs too!! Very sorry if it is.:shakehead: Keep us informed.

Pony you are right, its his, and here some Pictures.

So if anybody heard of something in this region please contact me or Mike

Attachments

• missing Banka 1.jpg
    missing Banka 1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 77
  • advanturedive 2.jpg
    advanturedive 2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 61
engine details s/n?

just wondering why no one went after it the first time it was seen drifting away from dauin?

To cut a long story short,....
the Boat has been found and will return today to Dauin.
Sometimes it's not bad that there are absolutely NO secrets in the Philippines.
It's a bit banged up, but after a quite busy high season the boat decided to take a break and left with some fishermen from the Bayawan area to Tawi-Tawi for a week...

That also verifies that we need to have absolutely no concerns about daytrips to Apo if it's a "bit" rough...

Anyway, thanks to all who kept eyes and ears open and tried to help.

cheers

Rhoody

... the boat decided to take a break and left with some fishermen from the Bayawan area to Tawi-Tawi for a week...
as in, a no-proof taking? or just adrift?

The Red Pirates boat (paraw) was gone for several weeks before someone reported it over near Iloilo (or Ilongo or something over on Panay), came up missing one of the very rare nights they left it in the water. the fisherman that claimed to 'find' it demanded an outragious amount for giving it back, claiming it was his fee for towing it in while swearing up and down it wasnt stolen-- nobody believes it. They finally paid it after a total of 3 month gone.

Anything similar in your case?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom