Prepaid Excess Baggage - Cebu Pacific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
apparently this has been around since september...

it may be of some service to divers since "traveling light" to us basically means not packing your dive gear for your trip...

Welcome to Go Lite Fares!

you still need to select the option when you book your ticket but at least it's slightly less hassle (and cost) at the airport...

Jag

Its never enough. I still end up paying some more, P2,500 average for excess the last 3 trips. I may have miscalculated and should have paid more "prepaid" to end up paying less or not pay any more at all at the airport.

Its never enough. I still end up paying some more, P2,500 average for excess the last 3 trips. I may have miscalculated and should have paid more "prepaid" to end up paying less or not pay any more at all at the airport.
yeah... cebu pacific's excess charges are highway robbery

100/kg is outright wrong... the 80 they're charging for prepaid is a little more palatable

you are allowed 15k of excess prepaid though... then pool that with myra's... it still isn't enough?

maybe it's time to leave the pet cow at home...

Jag

Saw this on the PAL Website:
Sports Equipment

An applicable excess baggage charge will be collected from passengers carrying any of the following in excess of the normal free baggage allowance:

* Golf equipment contained in one golf bag and one pair of golf shoes
* Snow skiing equipment consisting of one pair of skis, one pair of ski poles and one pair of boots

For passengers carrying any of the following sports equipment, an applicable excess baggage charge will automatically be collected: (what does this mean? the moment you check in your gear you get charged for it, regardless if this is the only bag you check in?

* Scuba diving equipment consisting of one empty scuba tank, one regulator, one harness, one pressure gauge, one mask, two twins, one snorkel, one knife, one speargun, one safety vest and one weight belt
* Surfboarding equipment

Saw this on the PAL Website:
Sports Equipment

An applicable excess baggage charge will be collected from passengers carrying any of the following in excess of the normal free baggage allowance:

* Golf equipment contained in one golf bag and one pair of golf shoes
* Snow skiing equipment consisting of one pair of skis, one pair of ski poles and one pair of boots

For passengers carrying any of the following sports equipment, an applicable excess baggage charge will automatically be collected: (what does this mean? the moment you check in your gear you get charged for it, regardless if this is the only bag you check in?

* Scuba diving equipment consisting of one empty scuba tank, one regulator, one harness, one pressure gauge, one mask, two twins, one snorkel, one knife, one speargun, one safety vest and one weight belt
* Surfboarding equipment
scuba equipment is considered "excess". Your check-in luggage or non-sport luggage is weighed separately.

scuba equipment is considered "excess". Your check-in luggage or non-sport luggage is weighed separately.
who the hell travels with a scuba tank?

and who uses a snorkel? :shocked:

that being said... really? that sucks...

so that means when flying PAL you can have your scuba gear and a pair of underwear in a plastic bag and you STILL get charged excess? effin' airlines...

Jag

I just flew on them and had to carry on most of my dive gear stuffed into a computer case. It was a total night mare and they wanted a ton of cash for the extra...

I knew a guy who didnt have any options (or extra cash) who resorted to WEARING his BCD on the flight.

tsk! they sure make it difficult for you to travel nowadays.... that rule really sucks!

Back
Top Bottom