Ikelite G9 Housing and Ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gussy

Contributor
Reaction score
I planning to buy the Ikelite G9 housing and was told that I need to get the optional port as without it the zoom range is extremely limited. Normally, the G9 has a 35mm equivalent of 35-210mm.

What is the range with and without the port? Also, if I get the .56x macro lens with the port, what will be the range?

Thanks!

The standard port on the #6147.09 housing for the Canon G9 does not limit zoom range.

The shorter port #9305.92 must be used if you want to add a 67mm threaded wide angle lens such as the Ikelite W20. The camera's zoom will function to approximately 120mm before it hits the inside of this port.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Approximately how many feet am I able to get in closer with the W20?

Thanks!

Is the short port an option or requirement to use the w20 lens? If one were to use the w20 with the standard port, are there limitations with this setup? Any example pictures would be great.

The W20 could be physically attached to the standard port, but the rear lens element would be too far away from the camera's lens to be useable. You must have the shorter port to use an external wide angle lens to any advantage.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

(just wanted to say THANKS to this...am considering buying a G9 housing and already have the W-20...)

Yet another reason I have this great username :)

(just wanted to say THANKS to this...am considering buying a G9 housing and already have the W-20...)

Yet another reason I have this great username :)

Do not assume you will be able to buy the short port. The housing is discontinued, and this was an option not everyone bought. If you find a housing with it, jump on it.

likelite & slowhands,

Ikelite does have a handful of the shorter port #9305.92 ($100 retail) still available. Once they are gone, the port will be discontinued. You can order one through any Ikelite dealer: Dealers

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom