Ax Men go SCUBA diving for logs ~ Aqua Logger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
History Channel, Ax Men Video - History.com

Click on "Smith vs Smith" and also watch "Jimmy Smith"

On the actual show, Dad asks Jimmy to "check his air" while Junior goes animal on the valve turning it to the right.

http://www.history.com/content/axmen/ax-men-videos click on S&S Aqua Logging

See minute 1:06 on http://www.history.com/content/axmen/ax-men-videos

Retired logger Jimmy Smith started his Aberdeen, Washington-based underwater logging company because no one else was doing it and he hoped to make a quick buck. The big idea? Locate and harvest perfectly preserved timber that was lost in Washington's waterways a century ago on its way to the mill. Jimmy's a colorful man with big dreams, big ideals and very little attention to detail. As a result, Jimmy, his son James and a revolving cast of friends-turned-deckhands struggle every day to keep the underwater logging operation afloat.

S & S Aqua Logging

And yes, all divers are PADI certified.

I saw the show and others about recovering old sunken logs. Some of that wood is amazing and can sell for upwards of $500 a board foot!

I am watching it now..they have no business being in a boat, forget going under water! Howard are we gonna clear that bridge? Uh I don't think we gonna make it under there buddy!!

Note that he is diving a long discontinued Mares Navy reg.

Watching these guys in action, I now understand why logging is so dangerous.

Last edited:
Priceless giant stride entry, oops forgot mask

Oh my god...how funny. It seems dad might want to ask someone he hasn't yelled at to check his air. I grew up in a "logging" town where a main fixture in many peoples toolbox was a ten pound hammer...Big equipment and heavy objects...If something breaks lookout. Obviously you can run into some interesting characters.

Gotta love when their boat trailer came unhitched and was sliding backwards down the ramp, with the boat and them on it! :rofl3:

hitting the pylons with their boat, yelling and screaming...

doesn't look like these guys are that far from a Darwin Award.

I watched it last night. The barge team was definitely the highlight of the show. Having over a thousand hours boating on a river system with low bridges, I could predict their failures. They had me laughing :rofl3:

What a hoot, definitely scores high on entertainment value. Ancient barge motor won't start? No big deal, just tow the thing with an equally ancient boat straight into a piling while dad howls like a scalded dog. I can't wait to watch next week.

Back
Top Bottom