Trip to Anilao with teenager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TLB2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I finally got the plane tickets reserved, now for the important part - planning a week of diving! Mostly it will be the daughter and I for the week in Anilao (lookinng at seven nights May 28-June 3) as the wife will be away most of the week on business in Dagupan.

My situation:
1) Daughter and I near 40 dives, did courses for AOW (Night, Nav, Nitrox, Boat)
2) Prefer beginner, maybe a couple intermediate type dives
3) Been to 90', but prefer to be not so deep; slow drift / minimal swimming would be good (my SAC rate = :shakehead:)
4) Like fish, turtles, colorful reefs & other critters
5) Daughter likes reef formations (walls in Cozumel were great)
6) Couple of night dives and maybe a couple of shore dives during the week
7) comfortable, but not too plush/expensive (rooms look the same when you are sound asleep after diving)
8) activities during surface intervals
9) good food at resort - not planning on going out at all (any sushi around for the daughter?)

I'm basically leaning towards:
Aquaventure
Eagle Point
Portulano

Would you recommend any one of these over the others for my situation? Have I overlooked a resort (in a similar price range as these) that I should really consider? (not sure I need the waters muddied...:confused:)

As a side note, is it easy to do a day trip from Manila to go diving? We will be in Manila for the week after we go diving, but I'm not sure how long I can stand the shopping:biggun:.

Thanks,
Terry

Thanks for the info! I'll have to get with the wife to check out those other resorts. Looking forward to some great diving!

Do all of these resorts have a place to snorkel or swim?

Thanks for the info! I'll have to get with the wife to check out those other resorts. Looking forward to some great diving!

Do all of these resorts have a place to snorkel or swim?
no not all...

planet dive i suppose would have the best snorkeling available as they're right at the edge of twin rocks dive site...

balai has a coral mound 25 feet from the shore line and is a very easy and interesting snorkel...

don't know about the rest...

Jag

eagle point and dive n trek should have good snorkling in front. with some giant clams planted in the reef.

Ended up staying at Aquaventure; I really enjoyed it, but there wasn't much to do for daughter outside of diving. Weather in afternoons was typically rain and very windy (well it is that time of year) so she spent some time in the pool after diving, and did go kayaking one day when the weather was nice.

Attentive service, food was wonderful, and diving was even better! Resort had a rustic feel - no TV or phone in room (I like that but some people may miss the TV). WiFi was available, connection and electricity not too reliable during high winds / rain; generator would kick on but WiFi would usually not be available then. I would highly recommend it to anyone just looking to relax and do some diving.

Some video we took on our dives:
YouTube - Aquaventure diving

I enjoy anialo every year and the aquaventure is our pick. but for your daughter she may become quite bored there. Sushi......not at aquav..
The beaches are rocky and not great for swimming/snorkeling. Planet dive has snorkeling and I always take my relatives by banca there for some snorkeling.
You might want to consider Mindoro, Puerto Gallera. It is only another hour or so away, bus+ferry and there is more to do.

nice video. good to know that you enjoyed your stay here in the Philippines. do come back again.:wink:

Sweet video, I'm interested to hear about your homemade housing for your JVC. Abet is a great divemaster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom