The check is in the mail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jupitermermaid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Woo hoo!!! I finally finished my DM tests! The stress of the physics part had me procrastinating for a while, so I'm glad it's over with. I'm so fortunate that my instructor is a retired teacher, so he was able to put the confusing parts into terms that even I could finally understand.

Anyway, got my mug shot taken, filled out and signed the check, put it in an envelope along with the application, and mailed it off yesterday. Now all I have to do is wait to be processed and I'll be a DM!

I loved working with my instructor during his classes. It brings great satisfaction when you see someone excited when they "get" a skill, and watch their eyes as they swim with underwater creatures for the first time. What a blast!

And another Congrats! I'm considering doing it myself. I have the Encyl. of Rec. Diving. What's the other DM book about in general? What is the Physics part of the test like? A lot of stuff about Haldane, etc? What would be a sample question? Thanks.

Last edited:
Fulfilling isn't it! Now don't forget to continue practicing your skills.

Oh, you know it!! Now that I don't HAVE to study to pass any test, I'm going to be re-reading a lot and learning more because I WANT to. Skills and knowledge are important to keep up no matter what level one attains.

CONGRATULATIONS ! ! ! !

the K

And another Congrats! I'm considering doing it myself. I have the Encyl. of Rec. Diving. What's the other DM book about in general? What is the Physics part of the test like? A lot of stuff about Haldane, etc? What would be a sample question? Thanks.

Thanks. I would definitely encourage you to do it. You not only learn a lot of knowledge, but your own diving skills are refined because you have to be able to perform them demonstration quality. The other book is basically about the responsibilities you have as a DM, what you're able to do and not do as far as instructing goes, basic knowledge, etc.

For physics, you'll need to know the Haldane theory, Dalton's Law, Boyle's Law, and the Archimedes Principle.

A type of question you might be asked is: If a 750 pound object displaces 3 cubic feet of water, how much is needed to make the object neutrally buoyant? (Gosh, that sounds so simple now....lol)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom