Current water temps in Anilao/Puerto Galera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjlinva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. Does anyone know what the current water temps are in Anilao/Puerto Galera? We're leaving for our first Philippines dive trip this saturday, and I'm trying to decide what wetsuits to take. Thanks!

Last year in PG, at exactly the same time, temperatures varied between 23 and 25ŽºC

Hope this helps!:coffee:

Oooh. Codman - that's a bit colder than I was expecting (23-25 C is about 73-77 F). I'm hoping it's closer to what Jigo reported!

Well, not trying to discourage you, but last year between the 8th of february and the 12th of march, having logged about 75 dives, the warmest I recorded was 25ŽºC. The recommended wetsuit for tourists was generally 5mm (or 5/4mm if you have it). I was OK with my 3/2mm, but I'm Canadian...:D:D:D

If you are the least bit prone to getting cold on dives, and you will be doing several a day (more than 2) I would strongly suggest the 5mm. But thats mainly a personal thing...

Cheers!:coffee:

If you're diving 3 or 4 times in a day, a 3mm with hood and gloves will keep you warm. Of course, sipping hot tea or coffee (with oreo) during SI would be great:)

Have a blast...

in addition to what codman and caloy said, i would recommend you drink lots of water before a dive. you'll know why soon enough....

Hi. Does anyone know what the current water temps are in Anilao/Puerto Galera? We're leaving for our first Philippines dive trip this saturday, and I'm trying to decide what wetsuits to take. Thanks!
my computer from last sunday said 25-26C (78-79F) Multiply

3mm should do good... the wind on the surface was a bigger bith than temp at depth

but it was a very sunny day today - very hot - w/ some wind in the late morning and afternoon... should hold up throughout the week...

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom