lingcod?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anybody know off hand when spear fishing for lingcod opens in the Pacific Northwest? Just thought someone might know... we saw some good sized ones on a dive we did Saturday at Allan Island... Yum!:)

Kayla:)

Just out of curiosity I went to the Washington Fish & Wildlife site to see if I could answer your question. It turns out that Washington had divided up its coast into over a dozen chunks, each with its own rules. I looked at the first four areas and lingcod are in season in those. Don't know about the others.
Rick

I believe Allan Island is in Marine Area 7 which means that Lingcod season is open for Hook and Line only right now.

This is what the booklet has to say about spearfishing:
May 21-June 15 Spearfishing season ONLY. No min. size. Daily limit 1 fish any size. Divers only.

Please don't take too many. In addition to tasting good, they're fun to look at too.

Kayla once bubbled...
Does anybody know off hand when spear fishing for lingcod opens in the Pacific Northwest? Just thought someone might know... we saw some good sized ones on a dive we did Saturday at Allan Island... Yum!:)

You would actually hunt in your diving spot? ;-0

Thanks guys... don't worry, we wont take to many.... I promise!:)

Kayla:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom