SpD Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in too deep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i have an older spd light, i need to replace the battery pack... is it worth buying a new battery pack and charger or replace the entire set up. keep in mind i replaced the 50 watt bulb with the 100 watt version and burn time really sucks, i know with the 50 it's better...

I assume you are referring to the Pro Video Lite II (white light head with two bulbs) and not actually the SpD light (handheld light with cord and adjustable beam).

Either way, the light heads themselves have not changed in the update to the Pro Video 3 battery pack. The new battery pack gives the same burn time but is half the size and weight of the old pack. So you could connect two packs together (using the #1405.06 cord and a #1401.2 double battery pouch) and get twice the burn time without adding extra weight or bulk to your system.

See the size comparison on our Pro Video Lite 3 webpage: Ikelite Pro Video-Lite 3

If you send your old battery pack and charger in we currently offer a reduced exchange price. The "How to get anything serviced or repaired" thread has complete info on returning things to us.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom