Where do I find the Rescue Diver Exam answers/questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thermalgeek

Reaction score
Hello everyone - i've just participated in a Rescue Diver course and passed no problems - though when im reviewing some of the things that I answered, I cant seem to get it right :S

So where do u instructors get the Exam sheets with the questions on from? - And where can I find the official answers to the exam?

I'm no instructor (but I am a professional teacher).

My answer would be, "If you have questions, ask an instructor."

But if you want their tests and a key, I wouldn't hold my breath. In the courses I teach, I don't give out my tests and keys, either.

I see no info in your profile. Fill that out if you can, it helps. Especially agency, rating, dives, years diving. You might get better replies that way.

FWIW, in SSI we're required to review missed questions with the students until they understand the correct answer. The student initials a missed question to indicate that he or she now feels competent on that point. I take it your experience was different?

Exams are not available publicly (at least the agencies try to keep it that way), nor are the answers. Kinda defeats the purpose.

-Bryan

What the OP is asking (I think) is where do the "correct" answers for the exams come from and who gets them. Most of the exams from from the agencies with instructor keys attached, so the answers are supplied by the agency to the instructor.

What the OP is asking (I think) is where do the "correct" answers for the exams come from and who gets them. Most of the exams from from the agencies with instructor keys attached, so the answers are supplied by the agency to the instructor.

Exactly :)

And where can I find the official answers to the exam?
I guess that's what I was responding to. Was pleased to see your clarification.

-Bryan

Hello everyone - i've just participated in a Rescue Diver course and passed no problems - though when im reviewing some of the things that I answered, I cant seem to get it right :S

So where do u instructors get the Exam sheets with the questions on from? - And where can I find the official answers to the exam?

My first, from the gut, reaction to you would be to suggest reading the book again, and this time for comprehension..... Sadly you've evidently managed to pass the course without understanding what you read.... The good news is, everything you need to know is in the book. The bad news is, you're going to have to actually read it.

The pragmatist in me knows that not every question has a clear answer so if you have specific questions that can not be answered unequivocally from reading the book then feel free to post them here. The power of Scubaboard is that collectively we have a pretty good grip on on the theory.

R..

You can buy and read the book, you can buy and watch the video and still not have a clue about how to actually do the rescues. It isn't until you actually have to do the 'tow and blow' that you find out just how involved this course actually is.

Richard

If you took a course and felt the "correct" answers for the exam were not correct, please post what you remember of the question(s) and we'll be glad to hash it over for you.

Back
Top Bottom