Dork Divers' Friday Feghoot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It just felt like we needed a little something to brighten the almost-spring hanging over the place, so how about a Friday Feghoot. (A Feghoot is a particular type of fun story, one fresh example of which is located below.) Anyway, feel free to add on, comment, or just chat. There's little point to this thread other than to call up the Dork Divers and get the fun flowing before dive season kicks in. Anyway, the first Friday Feghoot.

I used to have this eel that was there every time I dove this one spring. He was practically a pet, although he was free to roam out there in the wild. I'd take new divers there and show them "my" eel, who never failed to be there. News of the "pet eel" eventually made it as far as a documentary producer.

Anyway, arrangements were made, and the day finally came. With big cameras rolling and everyone anticipating a great shoot, we hit the water. As we descended, I just caught a glimpse of my pet, as he swam out of the cavern and down the spring run.

We waited underwater as long as we could, and we made several more dives that weekend, hoping he would return. Alas, I never saw him again. That Sunday evening, as darkness fell and I made ready for the drive home, I couldn't help but bid a sad farewell to my former free-roaming pet. I stepped to the edge of the water, took a deep breath, and rang out,...

"You picked a fine time to leave me, loose eel!"

(For those not familiar with the literary style of the Feghoot, be sure to click the button to finish reading. If you're going to post your own, be sure to post the last part like "[spoiler]This is the last part.[/spoiler]", as I did above.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom