Next destination?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are going to Cozumel for the 3d time in a week. We would like to go on another trip in the fall. Which would be better?

AquaCat in the Exumas
Belize
Bon Aire
Curacau
Little Caymen at the Little Caymen Beach Resort

Haven't been to the others, but Little Cayman would get my vote on any day ending in a Y. Terrific diving and the resort is always very highly rated for service. We have stayed at the sister resort on Cayman Brac, and it was the best trip we have done yet.

AggieDiver

Oops, sorry, we have also done Belize, but I wouldn't put it in the same league with Little Cayman. The diving at the atolls is very good and the resorts are probably similar in service level and price, but the diving is better in LC.

AggieDiver

I have dove most of the Caribbean and would put Cozumel, TCI and Little Cayman at the top of the list. The next three destinations I want to try are: Grand Turk, Saba and CoCo. Of the diving on your short list I would say that LC was by far the best choice.

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
I have dove most of the Caribbean and would put Cozumel, TCI and Little Cayman at the top of the list. The next three destinations I want to try are: Grand Turk, Saba and CoCo. Of the diving on your short list I would say that LC was by far the best choice.

What's TCI??

Also -- see my review of Grand Turk and also Doc V's review on this section of the list.

Unless I am mistaken, I have always assumed that to mean Turks and Caicos Islands. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

AggieDiver

Well I will be visiting Bonaire and Curacao in just 4 and half weeks. This will be my first trip so I have nothing to compare it to, but I should have a full review as soon as I return. I have heard nothing but great things about bonaire so I am excited.

AggieDiver once bubbled...
Unless I am mistaken, I have always assumed that to mean Turks and Caicos Islands. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

AggieDiver

Just never heard the abbreviation before. Didn't know what the "I" was for.

LCBC is great! We've been there a few times and I really do love it. The Resort is nice, the staff is excellent and the diving is incredible.

Belize is nice but the best diving is pretty far off shore, so I would recommend either staying at one of the out resort, Lighthouse Reef, etc., or a live aboard.

Have fun.

DivingDoc once bubbled...

Just never heard the abbreviation before. Didn't know what the "I" was for.

Sorry "TCI" is in fact Turks & Caicos Islands. They are my favorite place to dive. The abbreviation comes from the local web addresses. Anyway, I just booked a package for Grand Turk in January, 2004. Aqua House/Oasis Divers. I cannot wait!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom